Shonda Rhimes and the stars of her TGIT lineup are voicing their support for Hillary Clinton in a new video released by the presidential candidate.
In the clip, the Shondaland leading ladies describe the characters they play as “brilliant,” “complex” women who fight for justice and give voice “to the voiceless.” “Our characters are on television,” Washington says. She and the others then add, “The real world has Hillary Clinton.”
Rhimes, Davis, Pompeo, and Washington each take turns speaking as they praise Clinton as “a bonafide, rolls up her sleeves, fights for what’s right, in it for you, won’t back down champion for all of us.”
“So proud that I am with her because she is with US,” Rhimes tweeted Thursday night, sharing a link to the ad.
Clinton replied, “Talk about a power lineup. Thank you for being on this team!”
An ABC spokesperson issued a statement on the ad Thursday night, saying, “This was a paid political advertisement placed on a number of stations. Broadcasters are required by the FCC to carry these ads.”
Watch the full video above.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow