State dinners are always a swanky affair and this week’s event for Prime Minister Justin Trudeau of Canada is no exception. The event will feature intricate China, a special floral arrangement designed to represent the relationship between the U.S. and Canada, and a performance by Sara Bareilles.
The attendees are mostly Washington establishment folks—senators, diplomats and cabinet members—but some household celebrities also made the cut. Here are some of the notable names attending:
Sara Bareilles The singer-song writer is performing for the guests.
Michael J. Fox The Back to the Future star is a dual Canada—U.S. citizen.
Lorne Michaels The famed Saturday Night Live producer was born in Toronto.
Mike Myers The comedian is another Toronto native.
Ryan Reynolds The actor is from the other side of the country—Vancouver.
Blake Lively She’s with Reynolds.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022