Temperatures in many areas have been unseasonably high recently and nobody has enjoyed the warmer weather more than Potoka, a young giraffe at Chicago’s Brookfield Zoo. A video of the 2-year-old calf running and dancing around his outdoor enclosure has gone viral since it was shared on Facebook Tuesday. “Looks like we’re not the only ones excited about the warm weather!,” the zoo wrote. “Potoka pranced and our whole herd of reticulated giraffes enjoyed the unseasonably warm weather.”
This was the first time in 2016 that the giraffes were given access to their outdoor habitat, according to the zoo.
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022