Anyone who has read Roald Dahl’s Fantastic Mr. Fox (or seen Wes Anderson’s film version) knows that foxes are talented and wily chicken thieves. What you may not know is that occasionally foxes use their nefarious skills to steal other things—like wallets.
A group of friends were playing a few holes at Ireland’s Baltray golf course when a fox decided to appoint himself caddy. The little critter started rifling through the golf bag, much to the delight of the golfers. Their laughter turned to dismay, however, when the creature grabbed a man’s wallet out of the bag and ran off with it.
When the man realized the fox was making a break for it, he gave chase and the fox dropped the bounty. However, when the golfer retrieved the wallet, the fox was loitering around, giving the distinct impression that the fox had not given up on his life of crime just yet.
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022