Anyone who has read Roald Dahl’s Fantastic Mr. Fox (or seen Wes Anderson’s film version) knows that foxes are talented and wily chicken thieves. What you may not know is that occasionally foxes use their nefarious skills to steal other things—like wallets.
A group of friends were playing a few holes at Ireland’s Baltray golf course when a fox decided to appoint himself caddy. The little critter started rifling through the golf bag, much to the delight of the golfers. Their laughter turned to dismay, however, when the creature grabbed a man’s wallet out of the bag and ran off with it.
When the man realized the fox was making a break for it, he gave chase and the fox dropped the bounty. However, when the golfer retrieved the wallet, the fox was loitering around, giving the distinct impression that the fox had not given up on his life of crime just yet.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time