Hillary Clinton took some time out at Wednesday’s debate to talk about Republican front-runner Donald Trump’s proposed wall along the Mexican border.
“As I understand him, he’s talking about a very tall wall, right,” Clinton told the debate audience in Miami. “A beautiful tall wall, the most beautiful tall wall, better than the Great Wall of China, that would run the entire border, that he would somehow magically get the Mexican government to pay for. It’s just fantasy.”
Clinton was drawing a contrast between the Democrats immigration strategy reform and that of the Trump and the GOP when she made the remarks.
The former Secretary of State added that Congress has already done a good job when it comes to securing the border, saying “let’s get about the business of comprehensive immigration reform.”
Watch the clip from the debate above.
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- Why Trump's Call to Protest Is Flopping
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement