Hillary Clinton took some time out at Wednesday’s debate to talk about Republican front-runner Donald Trump’s proposed wall along the Mexican border.
“As I understand him, he’s talking about a very tall wall, right,” Clinton told the debate audience in Miami. “A beautiful tall wall, the most beautiful tall wall, better than the Great Wall of China, that would run the entire border, that he would somehow magically get the Mexican government to pay for. It’s just fantasy.”
Clinton was drawing a contrast between the Democrats immigration strategy reform and that of the Trump and the GOP when she made the remarks.
The former Secretary of State added that Congress has already done a good job when it comes to securing the border, saying “let’s get about the business of comprehensive immigration reform.”
Watch the clip from the debate above.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy