The Scotland tourism board has announced that they are looking for an official “Ambassadog” to represent the country. The contest is open to any Scottish canine who is outgoing, well-trained and has “a ‘nose’ for the best food & drink, events and walks across the country,” according to VisitScotland.
The winning pup and its owner must be able to travel around Scotland — and potentially all of the U.K. — to act as international ambassadors for their home nation and show tourists everything Scotland has to offer. People can nominate their pets for the year-long position with a short application detailing why their four-legged friends are a good fit for the role.
“Ultimately VisitScotland is looking for an Ambassadog (and their owner/best friend) who can be the ‘faces’ of the national tourism organisation and can put their ‘paw of approval’ on what makes Scotland the ‘must visit’ destination for people from all over the world,” the ad reads.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate