The Scotland tourism board has announced that they are looking for an official “Ambassadog” to represent the country. The contest is open to any Scottish canine who is outgoing, well-trained and has “a ‘nose’ for the best food & drink, events and walks across the country,” according to VisitScotland.
The winning pup and its owner must be able to travel around Scotland — and potentially all of the U.K. — to act as international ambassadors for their home nation and show tourists everything Scotland has to offer. People can nominate their pets for the year-long position with a short application detailing why their four-legged friends are a good fit for the role.
“Ultimately VisitScotland is looking for an Ambassadog (and their owner/best friend) who can be the ‘faces’ of the national tourism organisation and can put their ‘paw of approval’ on what makes Scotland the ‘must visit’ destination for people from all over the world,” the ad reads.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve