The Scotland tourism board has announced that they are looking for an official “Ambassadog” to represent the country. The contest is open to any Scottish canine who is outgoing, well-trained and has “a ‘nose’ for the best food & drink, events and walks across the country,” according to VisitScotland.
The winning pup and its owner must be able to travel around Scotland — and potentially all of the U.K. — to act as international ambassadors for their home nation and show tourists everything Scotland has to offer. People can nominate their pets for the year-long position with a short application detailing why their four-legged friends are a good fit for the role.
“Ultimately VisitScotland is looking for an Ambassadog (and their owner/best friend) who can be the ‘faces’ of the national tourism organisation and can put their ‘paw of approval’ on what makes Scotland the ‘must visit’ destination for people from all over the world,” the ad reads.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating