The action-packed trailer for Game of Thrones‘ sixth season broke records for HBO after it was released on Tuesday, garnering 30 million views in less than 24 hours.
HBO confirmed to Entertainment Weekly that this was the biggest trailer release in the network’s history, surpassing the season five trailer’s record of 27 million views. The figure represented combined views on YouTube and the show’s Facebook page.
MORE: We Analyzed Every Second of the New Game of Thrones Season 6 Trailer
The high engagement with the trailer, combined with rampant speculation about the fate of Jon Snow, may mean higher than average ratings for the series this spring. Game of Thrones returns to HBO on April 24.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now