When late night TV host John Oliver spent a 20-minute segment railing against GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump, he coined a new phrase: “Make Donald Drumpf Again.” Apparently the mantra stuck, as Oliver’s show Last Week Tonight has sold out of its custom-made hats sporting the phrase.
“Drumpf” refers to the ancestral name for Trump’s family, but Oliver used it on his show to undercut the brand of success that Trump has cultivated around his own moniker. The hat has sold 35,000 copies, according to HBO, which airs Last Week Tonight.
The Trump segment has been Oliver’s most successful ever, attracting more than 20 million views on YouTube. A Google Chrome extension that changes all occurrences of “Trump” to “Drumpf” on web pages has been downloaded more than 433,000 times.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time