One Girl Scout troop has come up with a genius advertising technique to sell more cookies. The New York-based group created a poster inspired by Leonardo DiCaprio’s recent Oscar win that has gone viral since the official Girl Scout Facebook page shared it on Monday.
The clever sign shows a photo of The Revenant star snacking on some Girl Scout cookies shortly before he was named Best Actor at the Oscars with a message that plays off the popular “Be Like Bill” meme. “This is Leo. Leo wants an Oscar,” it reads. “Leo buys Girl Scout Cookies at the awards. Leo wins an Oscar. Leo is smart. Be like Leo. Buy Girl Scout Cookies.”
The troop said this strategy did help them sell more of their product. “It made people stop at the table to read the sign, and then we were able to ask them to buy cookies,” the girls told ABC News. “It’s hard to say no to a Girl Scout.”
The Facebook post has received over 58,000 reactions and been shared nearly 16,000 times to date.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Megan McCluskey at email@example.com