Two ships involved in the search for the missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 retrieved objects from the Indian Ocean Saturday, but officials haven’t yet connected the finds to the lost airliner.
A Chinese plane, meanwhile, spotted other debris matching the colors of the missing Boeing 777, but that find also has yet to be linked to the jet, the Associated Press reports. The debris spotted Saturday was white, red and orange in color, according to Chinese media reports. The missing Boeing 777 is red and white.
Three weeks have passed since MH370 disappeared after leaving Kuala Lumpur for Beijing. Investigators have identified a large zone where the jet may have gone down, most recently combing an area about 2.5 hours from Perth, Australia. However, the reason the jet flew far off its intended path and its current location remain a mystery.
Here’s the latest update from the Australian Maritime Safety Authority, which is coordinating the search for MH370:
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- How Safe Is India's Railway Network?
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk