Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr and other musicians are mourning the loss of music producer George Martin, known for his work with the Beatles.
In a lengthy statement on his website, McCartney said Martin was “like a second father” who played an instrumental role in the band’s career. “From the day that he gave The Beatles our first recording contract, to the last time I saw him, he was the most generous, intelligent and musical person I’ve ever had the pleasure to know,” McCartney wrote.
Martin, who died at age 90, was sometimes referred to as the “Fifth Beatle” and produced much of the band’s material.
Below are some of the tributes that have pored in on social media:
Read more: Beatles Producer George Martin Dies Aged 90
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World