Kyle Andrew Odom, the ex-Marine accused of shooting a prominent Idaho minister outside his church, was arrested by the U.S. Secret Service in Washington, D.C., after he threw objects over the White House fence, police said.
The Secret Service confirmed the arrest to NBC News late Tuesday night.
Tim Remington, senior pastor of The Altar Church in Coeur d’Alene, was shot six times and critically wounded in the church’s parking lot Sunday. His condition has since been upgraded to fair, and he was described as stable.
Odom, 30, was arrested without incident…
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org