HBO released the first full-length trailer for Game of Thrones highly-anticipated sixth season on Tuesday and it’s sure to get fans talking. The preview immediately dives back in to last season’s biggest cliffhanger, with an opening shot that shows a bloodied Jon Snow lying on the ground as the words, “he’s gone,” are heard. From there, the rest of Westeros’ main players emerge in a series of dramatic scenes that will likely raise more questions than they will answer.
As James Vincent McMorrow’s “Wicked Games” plays in the background, Daenerys trudges along with the Dothraki, Jaime and Cersei mourn their losses, and Melisandre questions her powers. “You’re in the great game now and the great game is terryifing,” Tyrion cautions.
The show returns April 24th on HBO.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow