HBO released the first full-length trailer for Game of Thrones highly-anticipated sixth season on Tuesday and it’s sure to get fans talking. The preview immediately dives back in to last season’s biggest cliffhanger, with an opening shot that shows a bloodied Jon Snow lying on the ground as the words, “he’s gone,” are heard. From there, the rest of Westeros’ main players emerge in a series of dramatic scenes that will likely raise more questions than they will answer.
As James Vincent McMorrow’s “Wicked Games” plays in the background, Daenerys trudges along with the Dothraki, Jaime and Cersei mourn their losses, and Melisandre questions her powers. “You’re in the great game now and the great game is terryifing,” Tyrion cautions.
The show returns April 24th on HBO.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving