HBO released the first full-length trailer for Game of Thrones highly-anticipated sixth season on Tuesday and it’s sure to get fans talking. The preview immediately dives back in to last season’s biggest cliffhanger, with an opening shot that shows a bloodied Jon Snow lying on the ground as the words, “he’s gone,” are heard. From there, the rest of Westeros’ main players emerge in a series of dramatic scenes that will likely raise more questions than they will answer.
As James Vincent McMorrow’s “Wicked Games” plays in the background, Daenerys trudges along with the Dothraki, Jaime and Cersei mourn their losses, and Melisandre questions her powers. “You’re in the great game now and the great game is terryifing,” Tyrion cautions.
The show returns April 24th on HBO.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World