To celebrate International Women’s Day, Twitter designed an emoji for the gender equality campaign HeForShe, which is spearheaded by UN Women Global Goodwill Ambassador Emma Watson.
And being the wonderful female supporter she is, Harry Potter’s J.K. Rowling chimed in to back her on-screen Hermione.
Watson spent the morning in New York kicking of HeForShe’s Inaugural Arts Week, saying that the best way to affect change in the inequality landscape is by acting as an active bystander.
“Most men and women can name a moment in their lives when they were a witness to a man or a woman being treated unfairly because of gender and it just takes someone calling it out,” she said.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time