Kevin Bacon and his brother, the singer and songwriter Michael Bacon, serenade people about the nutritional benefits of eggs in a PSA for the American Egg Board (thanks to last names that make themselves natural spokespeople for breakfast foods). He hops into a couple’s bed, barges in on a man in the shower, and aggravates an angsty teen as part of the industry’s latest attempt to inspire Americans to eat eggs for breakfast more often (or, dare we say, get eggcited about eggs?).
It is not the first time that the actor has appeared in an American Egg Board ad. Last year, he wore a shirt with a picture of his face in between two sunny side up eggs (in addition to acting in a spot).
The clip may be hokey, but there is some eggcellent research on the health benefits of eggs — and TIME’s list of the “healthiest foods of all time” has summed it up in a way that won’t fry your brain: eggs are “a low-calorie, low-fat source of extremely digestible protein. The egg yolk, in particular, is a source of choline, important for proper cell and nerve function.”
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World