Disney TV star Zendaya has landed a key role in the new 2017 Spider-Man film, playing a character named Michelle.
The franchise’s third reboot will see Zendaya act opposite Tom Holland, who plays Peter Parker, reports Deadline. The yet-to-be-named film will also be directed by Jon Watts.
The actor’s new role has not been formally announced by Sony and Marvel Studios, but 19-year-old Holland will make his debut as Spider-Man in Anthony Russo-directed Captain America: Civil War, which comes to cinemas in May.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org