Disney TV star Zendaya has landed a key role in the new 2017 Spider-Man film, playing a character named Michelle.
The franchise’s third reboot will see Zendaya act opposite Tom Holland, who plays Peter Parker, reports Deadline. The yet-to-be-named film will also be directed by Jon Watts.
The actor’s new role has not been formally announced by Sony and Marvel Studios, but 19-year-old Holland will make his debut as Spider-Man in Anthony Russo-directed Captain America: Civil War, which comes to cinemas in May.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy