Disney TV star Zendaya has landed a key role in the new 2017 Spider-Man film, playing a character named Michelle.
The franchise’s third reboot will see Zendaya act opposite Tom Holland, who plays Peter Parker, reports Deadline. The yet-to-be-named film will also be directed by Jon Watts.
The actor’s new role has not been formally announced by Sony and Marvel Studios, but 19-year-old Holland will make his debut as Spider-Man in Anthony Russo-directed Captain America: Civil War, which comes to cinemas in May.
Zendaya, 19, was the star of Disney’s Shake It Up! and K.C. Undercover and featured in Taylor Swift’s ‘Bad Blood’ music video.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- Matthew Macfadyen on Succession Series Finale
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction