A 26-year-old woman who is the first U.S. patient to get a uterus transplant says she is grateful for the chance to give birth to a child after having prayed for years.
The young woman, identified only as Lindsey, said she’d adopted three “beautiful little boys” but yearned to also experience pregnancy. She spoke briefly to reporters from her wheelchair.
“I am so thankful to this amazing team of doctors and all the nurses and staff who have worked around the clock to ensure my safety,” Lindsey said…
Read the rest of the story from out partners at NBC News
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- What to Know About the History of the Debt Ceiling
- 10 Questions the Succession Finale Needs to Answer
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Why Rich People Aren't Using Phone Cases