“I breathe and eat and sleep and live probably like five different career paths,” Sydney-based fashion blogger Margaret Zhang says.
Zhang is a photographer, stylist, writer, model and creative director. Since creating her blog, Shine By Three, she has gained close to a million followers and the fashion world has taken notice, inviting her to fashion shows around the world and to try out the season’s hottest new clothes.
For her fans, Zhang is a continuous source of inspiration. “When I see Margaret’s posts, I think that I would want to wear what she’s wearing,” says Kendal Steensen, a student at New York’s Fashion Institute of Technology who dreams of designing window displays on Fifth Avenue. “I’m usually like ‘where do I get that?’ I want her life.”
In between fashion shows, photo shoots and blog posts, Zhang takes self-portraits and other snapshots of her life to share them with her more than 700,000 Instagram followers. Yet, despite her rising fame, Zhang says she tries to maintain a balance between her work and her personal life. “I think there’s that boundary that needs to happen to just preserve some privacy and some sanity,” she says. “Otherwise you get lost in this digital space, and it’s really unhealthy.”
Watch the full video above.
Callaghan O’Hare is a videographer at TIME LightBox.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com