The first giant panda cubs born in Canada were given names on Monday.
The male will be called Jia Panpan, which means “Canadian hope”, while the female will be called Jia Yueyue, which means “Canadian joy.” The giant panda Er Shun gave birth to the twins on October 13, 2015.
Justin Trudeau, Canada’s prime minister, was there to help reveal the new names and cuddle with the pandas, rubbing it in for all of the people who will have to wait about another week to see them (March 12, to be exact).
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization