He may not have had any lines, but Johnny Depp made his Walking Dead debut in Sunday night’s episode of the AMC show. The Black Mass star’s famous face appeared on one of three severed heads that were integral to a major plot line of “Not Tomorrow Yet,” according to Entertainment Weekly.
Although Rick and crew ultimately decided that Depp’s features didn’t fit the bill to pass as a decapitated decoy of Hilltop leader Gregory, the brief cameo was still a fun Easter egg for fans. “One of the other heads, I don’t know if I’m going to get in trouble if I say this, was Johnny Depp,” explained Greg Nicotero, the episode’s director. “I think we had sculpted an emaciated version of a dummy head for something and we used Johnny Depp’s head as a basis just for a clay sculpt. I can’t remember who the third one is, but I’m in good company. Norman [Reedus] kept saying he wanted the heads when we were done shooting. I said we’ve got to wait until the picture is logged.”
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time