One committed Game of Thrones fan recently spent 13 hours trekking through snow to create a work of art honoring the HBO show. British artist Simon Beck took 64,800 steps through heavy powder at Les Arcs ski resort in the French Alps to produce a detailed picture of the head of a dire wolf, the sigil of Jon Snow’s House Stark, with the words, “Winter is coming,” written below it, reports Digital Spy.
Beck’s roughly 20-mile march was documented in a video produced by Sky Atlantic. “The first thing you’ve got to work out is which way round you’re going to turn the drawing and where to start it so you don’t run off the edge of it,” he says in the clip. “The second stage is measuring a skeleton of accurately plotted lines that go through the drawing, and once you’ve got enough points measured out you can then do a join up the dots process.”
The stunning final product ended up being the size of two and a half football fields.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time