Arnold Schwarzenegger called John Kasich an “action hero” for America on Sunday as he endorsed the Ohio governor for the Republican nomination for president at a campaign rally in the candidate’s home state.
The former Terminator star told hundreds of supporters that he has been friends with Kasich since the 1980s when they met in Ohio during the actor’s body-building expo. He touted Kasich’s experience in Congress, saying that “he kicked some serious butt.” “He was an action hero when he went to Washington,” Schwarzenegger said. “When he ran for governor, I said to him, ‘I’ll be back,'” the former California governor added.
Schwarzenegger also took to Snapchat earlier Sunday to tell followers on the video messaging app to support Kasich for president. “Thank you, Arnold. Love you, man,” Kasich says at the end of Schwarzenegger’s short clip.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time