Tom Hiddleston on Sunday expressed interest in playing James Bond, saying it would be an “extraordinary opportunity” that he would take seriously.
The actor, who is best known for his role as Loki in Marvel’s The Avengers, told The Sunday Times that he was a “huge fan” of the series, fueling speculation that he could succeed Daniel Craig. “I simply love the theme tune, the tropes and the mythology. I love the whole thing. If it ever came knocking, it would be an extraordinary opportunity,” he said. “And I’m very aware of the physicality of the job. I would not take it lightly.”
The Night Manager star also mentioned a TIME poll in November 2015 that asked readers which actor or actress they’d choose for the role. Idris Elba came out on top, followed by Tom Hardy, Gerard Butler and Jude Law. Hiddleston came in ninth. “TIME magazine ran a poll and there were, like, 100 actors on the list, including Angelina Jolie. But, yes, it’s nice to be included in the 100,” he told The Sunday Times.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time