Tom Hiddleston on Sunday expressed interest in playing James Bond, saying it would be an “extraordinary opportunity” that he would take seriously.
The actor, who is best known for his role as Loki in Marvel’s The Avengers, told The Sunday Times that he was a “huge fan” of the series, fueling speculation that he could succeed Daniel Craig. “I simply love the theme tune, the tropes and the mythology. I love the whole thing. If it ever came knocking, it would be an extraordinary opportunity,” he said. “And I’m very aware of the physicality of the job. I would not take it lightly.”
The Night Manager star also mentioned a TIME poll in November 2015 that asked readers which actor or actress they’d choose for the role. Idris Elba came out on top, followed by Tom Hardy, Gerard Butler and Jude Law. Hiddleston came in ninth. “TIME magazine ran a poll and there were, like, 100 actors on the list, including Angelina Jolie. But, yes, it’s nice to be included in the 100,” he told The Sunday Times.
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement