Nancy Reagan will be laid to rest in California next to her late husband, former President Ronald Reagan.
The 94-year-old former first lady, who died Sunday at her home in Los Angeles from congestive heart failure, will lie in repose at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley on Wednesday and Thursday, the Library said in a statement. She will be buried on Friday at the Library, which is the final resting place of her husband. The ceremony, which is closed to the public, will begin at 11 a.m. First Lady Michelle Obama will attend the funeral, a White House official said.
Nancy Reagan has requested donations be made to the Library in lieu of flowers.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow