Keanu Reeves’ shooting skills in John Wick weren’t all smoke and mirrors. Taran Tactical Innovations, a gun store based in California, released video footage of the actor perfecting his aim.
“Keanu and the guys at [87eleveN Action Design] are putting in WORK!,” the caption reads, referring to “the industry’s premiere Action Design and Fight Choreography Team” that worked on John Wick.
The sequel, John Wick: Chapter 2, finished filming ahead of its release on Feb. 10, 2017. The Facebook page for Taran Tactical Innovations made multiple references to the film in the comments beneath Reeves’ training video.
“For us it was just what is the next chapter? What is the continuation of this story?,” Reeves teased of John Wick 2 to IGN. “Opening up the world – the underground world. The world behind the world in terms of the assassins. Kind of evolving the action – if the first one was a black belt, then this one is third degree black belt. It’s such a fun project and a great character.”
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating