With a spot in the state tournament at stake, Waseca High School and Marshall High School faced off Thursday night in a basketball game that came down to several last-second shots.
At the end of regulation, Waseca missed a free throw that would have secured the victory, giving their opponent the opportunity to tie the game. Marshall rushed down the court and shot a three-pointer that bounced off the backboard and fell through the hoop as time ran out.
And the game only got more wild from there. After three overtime periods of back and forth scoring, Waseca drained a full-court shot with one second left to tie things up and force a fourth OT.
Finally, Waseca hit yet another three-point buzzer-beater to make the score 103-100 and seal the qudruple-overtime matchup.
It was definitely one for the record books.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy