With a spot in the state tournament at stake, Waseca High School and Marshall High School faced off Thursday night in a basketball game that came down to several last-second shots.
At the end of regulation, Waseca missed a free throw that would have secured the victory, giving their opponent the opportunity to tie the game. Marshall rushed down the court and shot a three-pointer that bounced off the backboard and fell through the hoop as time ran out.
And the game only got more wild from there. After three overtime periods of back and forth scoring, Waseca drained a full-court shot with one second left to tie things up and force a fourth OT.
Finally, Waseca hit yet another three-point buzzer-beater to make the score 103-100 and seal the qudruple-overtime matchup.
It was definitely one for the record books.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time