With a spot in the state tournament at stake, Waseca High School and Marshall High School faced off Thursday night in a basketball game that came down to several last-second shots.
At the end of regulation, Waseca missed a free throw that would have secured the victory, giving their opponent the opportunity to tie the game. Marshall rushed down the court and shot a three-pointer that bounced off the backboard and fell through the hoop as time ran out.
Read More: Watch a Basketball Team Celebrate a Big Win Before Realizing They’ve Actually Lost
And the game only got more wild from there. After three overtime periods of back and forth scoring, Waseca drained a full-court shot with one second left to tie things up and force a fourth OT.
Finally, Waseca hit yet another three-point buzzer-beater to make the score 103-100 and seal the qudruple-overtime matchup.
It was definitely one for the record books.
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement