The federal government is investigating brake failures on Ford F150 pick up trucks, one of the nation’s most popular car models.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has reportedly received 33 complaints of the brake pedals in Ford F-150 pickup trucks suddenly malfunctioning; in some cases drivers have said they lost complete control of the pedals, which went directly to the floor. From a NHTSA website:
Thirty-one reports came through in the past year and at least 20 of the reported complaints have come through in the past 7 months, according to a federal website. Federal workers are investigating 420,000 trucks—models with six cylinder engines from 2013 and 2014.
Ford has said it will cooperate with the investigation, according to the Associated Press. NHTSA investigators will be looking into the break issue to see if a recall is necessary.
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space