Police arrested a woman just outside Buffalo, N.Y., on Wednesday for driving around with a painted cardboard version of a New York state license plate on the back of her car.
Authorities pulled over Amanda Schweickert, 28, of Sardinia, N.Y. when they noticed her vehicle did not have a front license plate. She had also been driving without insurance and a “suspended registration,” the Erie County Sheriff’s Office said.
According to a statement on the department’s Facebook page:
Another view of the cardboard plate seized by the cops:
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- Succession Was a Race to the Bottom, And Everybody Won
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- How Drag Culture Inspired Ursula
- Drought Crisis Spurs U.S.-Mexico Collaboration
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction