Sen. Marco Rubio thought that maybe Republican presidential candidates needed some time off at Thursday’s Republican debate—to practice yoga.
While front-runner Donald Trump argued with Sen. Ted Cruz, Rubio butted in to refocus the conversation. Apparently Rubio struck big with the health crowd, as this was the second most popular moment on Twitter during the Fox debate.
“When they’re done with the yoga, can I answer a question?” Rubio asked the Fox moderators.
Cruz didn’t seem to like the idea of practicing the popular exercise on-stage, when there was serious debating to be done, telling Rubio “You cannot. I really hope that we don’t see yoga on this stage.”
Rubio clapped back with a joke about the billionaire’s propensity to change positions on the issues.
“Well he’s very flexible, so you never know,” he said, pointing at Trump.
Watch the clip above.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate