There have been plenty of reports about the dangers of hoverboards — and now one has been used in a shooting, Dallas police said.
An armed man on a hoverboard reportedly rolled by a car and shot the driver early Thursday morning before eluding police. Officers responded to the call at a RaceTrac gas station in Northwest Dallas at 4:10 a.m., Senior Corporal of the Dallas Police public information office Monica Cordova told TIME.
An emergency vehicle transported the victim to the local hospital. The investigation for the shooter who made the hoverboard getaway is currently ongoing.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- What to Know About the History of the Debt Ceiling
- 10 Questions the Succession Finale Needs to Answer
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Why Rich People Aren't Using Phone Cases