Ben Carson knows he has a lot of haters out there.
The former neurosurgeon limped through Super Tuesday where he picked up just three delegates in Virginia. He has yet to win a state. And in a race that is becoming ever more focused on withering insults and soundbites, he refuses to engage with other candidates.
But Carson is determined not to drop out, and he has a few words for those who doubt him.
“A message to the haters is that this is America,” Carson says in a new video put out by Independent Journal Review. “Sometimes you’re going to face opposition, and sometimes you’re going to find people with whom you disagree. But what good does it do to hate that person?”
Watch the clip below:
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- Why Trump's Call to Protest Is Flopping
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement