One, two, third time’s the charm? That’s how many bumps PlayStation 4 exclusive Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End has had to endure since its official unveiling at E3 2014.
The last two have been little bumps, to be fair. The first was the biggest, from sometime late 2015 to March 2016. Then another to April 26, 2016. And now we’ve settled on May 10, 2016, seven days after Gearbox’s Battleborn arrives, and three before Bethesda’s Doom reboot.
Sony Computer Entertainment America president Shawn Layden says the game is ready, and that the delay’s just a production precaution, adding that Sony just wants to make sure it has enough copies to go around.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space