Electric skateboards are great if you’re too lazy to kick and push yourself around town. But apparently they can also be absolute speed demons.
Skateboarder Mischo Erban recently set a Guinness world record for the fastest speed ever clocked while riding an electric skateboard, hitting just a hair under 60 miles per hour, Engadget reports.
Erban also holds the world record for the fastest speed on a regular skateboard (while standing), at just over 80 miles per hour.
Electric skateboards usually look similar to regular longboards, but they pack electric motors that move the board along. Riders typically control their speed with a handheld remote or by shifting their weight forward or backward.
Watch Erban’s record-setting run above.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate