Electric skateboards are great if you’re too lazy to kick and push yourself around town. But apparently they can also be absolute speed demons.
Skateboarder Mischo Erban recently set a Guinness world record for the fastest speed ever clocked while riding an electric skateboard, hitting just a hair under 60 miles per hour, Engadget reports.
Erban also holds the world record for the fastest speed on a regular skateboard (while standing), at just over 80 miles per hour.
Electric skateboards usually look similar to regular longboards, but they pack electric motors that move the board along. Riders typically control their speed with a handheld remote or by shifting their weight forward or backward.
Watch Erban’s record-setting run above.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.