Electric skateboards are great if you’re too lazy to kick and push yourself around town. But apparently they can also be absolute speed demons.
Skateboarder Mischo Erban recently set a Guinness world record for the fastest speed ever clocked while riding an electric skateboard, hitting just a hair under 60 miles per hour, Engadget reports.
Erban also holds the world record for the fastest speed on a regular skateboard (while standing), at just over 80 miles per hour.
Electric skateboards usually look similar to regular longboards, but they pack electric motors that move the board along. Riders typically control their speed with a handheld remote or by shifting their weight forward or backward.
Watch Erban’s record-setting run above.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time