Electric skateboards are great if you’re too lazy to kick and push yourself around town. But apparently they can also be absolute speed demons.
Skateboarder Mischo Erban recently set a Guinness world record for the fastest speed ever clocked while riding an electric skateboard, hitting just a hair under 60 miles per hour, Engadget reports.
Erban also holds the world record for the fastest speed on a regular skateboard (while standing), at just over 80 miles per hour.
Electric skateboards usually look similar to regular longboards, but they pack electric motors that move the board along. Riders typically control their speed with a handheld remote or by shifting their weight forward or backward.
Watch Erban’s record-setting run above.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving