Chris Christie won the Twitter primary on Super Tuesday.
After the New Jersey Governor and former presidential candidate gave a somewhat flat-sounding introduction to front-runner Donald Trump, Twitter users could not stop talking about Christie.
In a wide-ranging speech-slash-press-conference, Trump even mentioned Christie twice, once joking about people moving out of New Jersey and once calling him the exception after saying that politicians don’t keep their promises.
But it was Christie’s expressions and body language that got attention, causing #freeChrisChristie to trend on Twitter, according to search firm Dataminr.
Here are some representative tweets.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022