Chris Christie won the Twitter primary on Super Tuesday.
After the New Jersey Governor and former presidential candidate gave a somewhat flat-sounding introduction to front-runner Donald Trump, Twitter users could not stop talking about Christie.
In a wide-ranging speech-slash-press-conference, Trump even mentioned Christie twice, once joking about people moving out of New Jersey and once calling him the exception after saying that politicians don’t keep their promises.
But it was Christie’s expressions and body language that got attention, causing #freeChrisChristie to trend on Twitter, according to search firm Dataminr.
Here are some representative tweets.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer