Chris Christie won the Twitter primary on Super Tuesday.
After the New Jersey Governor and former presidential candidate gave a somewhat flat-sounding introduction to front-runner Donald Trump, Twitter users could not stop talking about Christie.
In a wide-ranging speech-slash-press-conference, Trump even mentioned Christie twice, once joking about people moving out of New Jersey and once calling him the exception after saying that politicians don’t keep their promises.
But it was Christie’s expressions and body language that got attention, causing #freeChrisChristie to trend on Twitter, according to search firm Dataminr.
Here are some representative tweets.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement