The Tampa Bay Rays will play an exhibition game against the Cuban national team in Havana later this month, marking the first visit by a Major League Baseball team to the Communist island in nearly 20 years.
The Rays announced the March 22 game on its Twitter page on Tuesday.
Dozens of workers are working Estadio Latinoamericano, called by some the Yankee Stadium of Cuba in reference to its status in baseball there, to get the facility ready for the game.
President Barack Obama and Michelle Obama will travel Havana for a historic visit on March 21…
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org