Taylor Swift took a brief break from international pop stardom on February 20 to do something lots of normal 26-year-old women do: serve as maid of honor in her best friend’s wedding. And no, we’re not talking about one of the ultra-famous supermodels from her “squad.” We’re talking about her childhood best friend, Britany LaManna (formerly Britany Maack.)
This week, LaManna posted a video montage from the wedding and reception, and it includes snippets of Swift’s maid of honor speech. Since Swift has become incredibly famous for writing love songs, everyone was counting on her to deliver something beautiful. She totally pulled through.
“Their paths would diverge and then come back together,” Swift says of the newly-married couple. “And it would be so magically unpredictable but at the same time, so incredibly fated, just like the best love stories are.”
And then came the most touching part: “My favorite accomplishment of my entire life is that everything in my life has changed, except for me and Britany. She was my partner in crime at Brownies sleep-away camp, and she was my date to the Grammys.”
Her speech begins around the 6:30 mark:
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement