Adele kicked off her world tour in Belfast Monday, and to mark the occasion, she had something special planned for her fans. Her tour opener happened to land on Leap Day, which is traditionally the day that women are “allowed” to propose marriage to their boyfriends, so Adele asked the sold-out crowd if anyone needed any help proposing. One fan took her up on the offer.
The woman joined Adele on stage and admitted that she had asked her boyfriend to marry her earlier in the day, but the man wouldn’t commit, giving her a “maybe someday” instead. Instead of kicking the commitment-phobe to the curb, the woman decided to persist in her quest, this time conscripting Adele and the entire stadium into her offer of marriage. When the boyfriend still hesitated, Adele got the entire crowd in the 11,000-capacity venue to chant “Come on, Neil” until he caved.
While Adele invited herself to the wedding, it’s still to be seen whether the groom will actually show up.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com