Wesley the dog just recently got his braces on, but he isn’t shy about showing off his new metal-clad pearly whites. On Friday, the Facebook page for Harborfront Hospital for Animals, a Michigan veterinary clinic, shared a picture of Wesley adorably baring his tinsel teeth for the camera.
The post explains that while many people are skeptical of doggy orthodontia, braces are helpful for solving medical issues for many animals. “Orthodontia in pets is normally not for aesthetic purposes, but because of health concerns,” it reads. “This is Wesley and he needed tooth alignment because he could not close his mouth completely, otherwise.”
Luckily, the adorable pup’s time in braces will be short and sweet. “The good news is, the correction needed will be brief, perhaps only a few weeks,” the post says. “Also, it obviously doesn’t bother him one little bit…He’s a happy little guy.”
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow