The 88th Academy Awards aired Sunday night honoring the work of Hollywood.
Some took the stage to address the diversity issues confronting the film industry. Comedian Chris Rock hosted the Oscars and he started off the night by addressing the elephant in the room—the #OscarsSoWhite boycott.
Highlights include Rock’s opening monologue, the droids from Star Wars, Lady Gaga’s powerful performance of “Till It Happens to You” and yes, Leonardo DiCaprio winning Best Actor for The Revenant.
Watch it all above.
- Column: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive