A woman holding the severed head of a young child was arrested for murder outside a metro station in Moscow on Monday, Russian investigators said.
Officials believe the woman was the child’s nanny, and that she had killed the child before setting fire to the parents’ apartment. An investigation is underway after the remains of a 3- or 4-year-old child were found in an apartment in the city, the BBC reports.
“According to preliminary information, the child’s nanny, a citizen of one of the Central Asian states born in 1977, waited for the parents and elder child to leave the flat and then, for reasons not established, murdered the infant, set fire to the flat and left the scene,” the Moscow Investigative Committee said in a statement (in Russian).
A video posted to a Russian news website shows a woman shouting and holding what appears to be a head before police tackle her. Passersby reportedly heard the women yelling “Allahu Akbar.” She was placed in psychiatric care to determine her mental state.
- How the Anti-Vax Movement Is Taking Over the Right
- What Happens Next in Ukraine Could Change Europe Forever
- There's So Much More To Say About Bill Cosby
- Death Doulas Used to Be Rare. The COVID-19 Pandemic Changed That
- What It Feels Like to Be a Muslim Woman Auctioned Online by India's Right Wing
- America's First Openly Trans City Council President Wants to Heal Minneapolis
- The World's Farmers Need to Prepare for Serious Cash Crop Disruption