When Ben Affleck showed up to promote Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice during Jimmy Kimmel’s post-Oscars special on Sunday night, he was looking a little bigger than usual. In fact, he was carrying so much extra weight that Kimmel quickly grew suspicious of the 43-year-old actor. As he began to prod at Affleck’s oversize jacket, the big twist of the night was revealed: the excess mass was actually just Matt Damon.
Affleck had snuck his longtime friend onto the show in an attempt to end the infamous feud between Damon and Kimmel. However, the host didn’t take too kindly to the appearance of his arch enemy. “I want everyone to sit down,” he said as the audience erupted in cheers. “No clapping.”
Watch the full clip above.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms