What began as a party weekend among friends in the suburbs of Paris took a dark turn Saturday when the group found a decomposing corpse in the garden of the home they rented on Airbnb.
At the house in the French town of Palaiseau, the friends found a woman’s body “hunched in a dug-out area, her head against the ground, covered in branches and surrounded by wood stumps,” according to a police source quoted by Agence-France Presse (AFP). The body, which was far along in the decomposition process, was dressed, but no means of identifying it were found.
AFP reports that the police were questioning the individuals who rented the home.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate