Police in Indiana are turning to the public for help in hunting down suspects after three young men were found shot to death “execution-style” in an abandoned home.
Authorities are investigating the triple homicides after the bodies of 17-year-old Muhannad Adam Tairab, 20-year-old Adam Kamel Mekki, and 23-year-old Mohamedtaha Omar were discovered Wednesday, CNN reports.
“These young people were just starting out in their life,” Fort Wayne Police Chief Garry Hamilton told WANE TV. “I need someone to come and tell me what they know. Please, I’m asking for your help and your mercy to bring justice for these young men.”
The motive for the murders is unclear. All three men were Muslim, according to local media. However, authorities have “no reason to believe this is any type of hate crime or focus because of their religion or nationality,” Rusty York, the city’s public safety director, told WPTA.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time