Fifty Shades of Grey dominated this year’s Razzies, taking home five top prizes at the annual award ceremony that recognizes the worst in film.
The adaptation of author E.L. James’ erotic novel won worst screenplay, worst actor for Jamie Dornan and worst actress for Dakota Johnson during Saturday’s 36th annual Golden Raspberry Awards, according to the Associated Press. The two actors also won worst screen combo, while the movie tied with Fantastic Four as the year’s worst film.
Still, Fifty Shades of Grey earned more than $338.4 million from global box offices and had become Universal Studios’ highest-grossing R-rated film internationally.
The Razzies also crowned Kaley Cuoco as worst supporting actress for Alvin & The Chipmunks: Road Chip and Eddie Redmayne as worst supporting actor for Jupiter Ascending.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org