Nathan Lane is an old soul. He remembers the game Pyramid from the ’80s when, as he told Jimmy Fallon, “we’re all worried about the Iran-Contra hearings.” But when he joined the Tonight Show host for a round against Keri Russell from The Americans and Tariq from The Roots, he struggled a bit — and it was priceless.
Fallon could not get Lane to guess any of the “’90s movie catchphrases.” When he said “Titanic,” Lane thought, “Let me on the raft!” When he said “Jenny” and “Gump” while making a running motion, Lane said, “Life is like a box of chocolates.” Close but no cigar.
Keep up with all the latest late-night coverage by subscribing to our newsletter. Head here for more details.
“Can we switch to the match game?” Lane joked after losing Round 1 to Team Russell. “Can we do the thing where you put on the big hand and just hit me?” Thankfully, the pair made a comeback when Fallon was the one in the hot seat.
Watch the video above.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com