The device—a selfie stick outfitted with a full-size MacBook—is the product of an art project by Moises, John Yuyi and Tom Galle, who were behind the real-world Netflix and Chill Room. The device could, say, be used for FaceTime conversations or taking photos, much like a Selfie Stick kitted with an iPhone. The point (I think) is to reflect the grotesque extent of society’s self-obsession.
Seflie Sticks have been banned from many public venues, museums, concert halls, as well as some of the world’s most famous tourist destinations. And yet they have managed to stay in vogue. In other words, there may be a market for the MacBook Selfie Stick, statement art or not. Additional photos follow.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.