Grab a tissue! Kelly Clarkson brought on the waterworks with an emotional performance of “Piece by Piece.”
The original American Idol winner shed some tears on stage – and forced some from the Idol judges and the audience – as she performed on the show where it all began.
“I’m pregnant and it’s nostalgic and I can’t believe it’s the last season,” the expectant mother said. “Yeah, really sorry I just bawled.”
This isn’t the first time Clarkson got emotional performing “Piece by Piece.” In August, when she announced that she was expecting her second child – a son – the singer broke down as she made her way through the tune, inspired by her husband’s great parenting.
It was announced last May that this season, the show’s fifteenth, would be its last. Entertainment Weekly reported in January that Clarkson would return to the idol stage as a performer and guest judge.
It’s unclear if this will be Clarkson’s only appearance on the final season, but she certainly gave a noteworthy farewell.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org